• Want to wear an eye catching necklace? Want heads to turn?
• This pupa like bead design necklace is just the perfect accessory.
• It has a tribal look but with a modern twist.
• The carvings on the interior bead have an unspoken message to the world just like the larva inside the pupa. The nesting design simulates this set up between the larva and the pupa.
• The agate colors are neutral and match many outfits and can be worn all through the year. The necklace is substantial without being heavy.
• The ornate clasp adds to the rich beige to brown color scheme.
I studied biology in college and this metamorphosis of the caterpillar into a totally different looking creature seemed such a fascinating phenomenon. Of course, nothing will hatch from the carved beads! The mystery of the carving on the bead will never unravel.
The necklace is 20 inches long and comes with matching pair of earrings. The posts are gold plated.
Care: Agate is 7 on the Mohr scale of hardness and will crack if dropped from heights.
To clean the beads wipe them with a soft cloth. Use of chemical cleaners is not recommended